Brandon Bitner was 14 years old when he committed suicide on November 5, 2010. Brandon was constantly bullied by his peers at Midd-West Middle and High Schools in Middleburg, Pa.
SALE: Tees for only $12.99!
Brandon on MDNA
Tags12 stones Anti-Bullying Anti-bullying law Brandon Bitner Bullies Bullycide Bullying Bullying Awareness Bullying Policies Cyberbullying DoSomething.Org Halfway to Dawn It Gets Better J-WOWW Jersey Shore JWOWW Kevin Bates Racing Ladyboi Madonna Make It Stop mdna MDNA Tour middleburg Muscogee County My Darkest Days MyFoxAL New Jersey New Jersey Bullying Law News Newtown Nobody Knows Me Nobody Knows Me Interlude Philadelphia PSEC Rise Against Sandy Hook School bullying Suicide Suicide Awareness Suicide Survivors susquehanna university Tammy Simpson Teenage suicide Vinny Guadagnino WBRC
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”Escape the Fate have debuted their video for “Ungrateful”, the lead off single from their soon to be released album of the same name. The video which comes with a warning “Portions of this video may contain graphic imagery which may offend/or trigger sensitive viewers and is not recommended for viewing by persons under the […]
- “The War Against Ourselves” – Joel Faviere (Self Harm Awareness 2013)Joel Faviere has recorded a new song for Self Harm Awareness Day. Please watch and share. The War Against Ourselves Another day alone Another night Another knife I guess I’m on my own The lights are on My eyes are closed And no one understands The Dark I’m dealing with And all the people in […]
- March 1 – Self Harm Awareness Dayjudge less, understand more, don’t be ashamed of your scars (if you have any)they are signs of strength you survived! speak up, wear something orange today, draw a butterfly or a heart on your wrist. help us to raise awareness […]
- Lexus Amanda Talks About Cyber BullyingLexus Amanda of Blacklisted Me is no stranger to cyber bullying. Being a very public person on the internet has opened her to name calling, hate blogs, hate videos, etc. When people are in the public eye, opinions form about them based on what is seen, heard, read but you don’t really know the person. […]
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”
Category Archives: Suicide
Today, Saturday, September 10, 2011 is World Suicide Prevention Day, organized by the International Association for Suicide Prevention.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY
Become a Facebook Fan of the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) www.facebook.com/IASPinfo
WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY (www.iasp.info/wspd/), co-sponsored by the IASP and the World Health Organization (WHO), is an opportunity for all sectors of the community – the public, charitable organizations, communities, researchers, clinicians, practitioners, politicians and policy makers, volunteers, those bereaved by suicide, other interested groups and individuals – to join with the International Association for Suicide Prevention and the WHO to focus public attention on the unacceptable burden and costs of suicidal behaviours with diverse activities to promote understanding about suicide and highlight effective prevention activities.
Those activities may call attention to the global burden of suicidal behaviour, and discuss local, regional and national strategies for suicide prevention, highlighting cultural initiatives and emphasising how specific prevention initiatives are shaped to address local cultural conditions.
Download a World Suicide Prevention Day Suggested Activities Sheet at:
Download the World Suicide Prevention Day toolkit at:
Light a candle today for Suicide Prevention Day, suicide victims and suicide survivors. Reach out to those you believe may be having a hard time. Make a positive impact on a struggling soul.
The James Martin Salon in Lewisburg is currently raising funds for their participation in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention “Out of the Darkness” Community Walks. The walk will raise money for suicide prevention research and education.
The salon is collecting donations and for each dollar donated, an entry is placed into a contest for a tote bag full of hair products.