Brandon Bitner was 14 years old when he committed suicide on November 5, 2010. Brandon was constantly bullied by his peers at Midd-West Middle and High Schools in Middleburg, Pa.
SALE: Tees for only $12.99!
Brandon on MDNA
Tags12 stones Anti-Bullying Anti-bullying law Brandon Bitner Bullies Bullycide Bullying Bullying Awareness Bullying Policies Cyberbullying DoSomething.Org Halfway to Dawn It Gets Better J-WOWW Jersey Shore JWOWW Kevin Bates Racing Ladyboi Madonna Make It Stop mdna MDNA Tour middleburg Muscogee County My Darkest Days MyFoxAL New Jersey New Jersey Bullying Law News Newtown Nobody Knows Me Nobody Knows Me Interlude Philadelphia PSEC Rise Against Sandy Hook School bullying Suicide Suicide Awareness Suicide Survivors susquehanna university Tammy Simpson Teenage suicide Vinny Guadagnino WBRC
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”Escape the Fate have debuted their video for “Ungrateful”, the lead off single from their soon to be released album of the same name. The video which comes with a warning “Portions of this video may contain graphic imagery which may offend/or trigger sensitive viewers and is not recommended for viewing by persons under the […]
- “The War Against Ourselves” – Joel Faviere (Self Harm Awareness 2013)Joel Faviere has recorded a new song for Self Harm Awareness Day. Please watch and share. The War Against Ourselves Another day alone Another night Another knife I guess I’m on my own The lights are on My eyes are closed And no one understands The Dark I’m dealing with And all the people in […]
- March 1 – Self Harm Awareness Dayjudge less, understand more, don’t be ashamed of your scars (if you have any)they are signs of strength you survived! speak up, wear something orange today, draw a butterfly or a heart on your wrist. help us to raise awareness […]
- Lexus Amanda Talks About Cyber BullyingLexus Amanda of Blacklisted Me is no stranger to cyber bullying. Being a very public person on the internet has opened her to name calling, hate blogs, hate videos, etc. When people are in the public eye, opinions form about them based on what is seen, heard, read but you don’t really know the person. […]
- Escape the Fate Debut Powerful Video for “Ungrateful”
Category Archives: News
Those affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy in Newtown, CT need our kind words and support. The Brandon Bitner Memorial is happy to share #1Card4Newtown – an effort to reach Newtown with encouraging words and inspirational messages.
Please support #1Card4Newtown efforts by visiting our Thunderclap page to help us share our message to the masses. Click here to join – it only takes a few seconds!
We have until January 1 to reach 250 supporters through Twitter and Facebook. If we reach the goal, Thunderclap will send our message at the same exact time – this helps amplify our message and also computes our social reach! Once you join the movement, be sure to send your card to the address below.
Read more about #1Card4Newtown:
The Brandon Bitner Memorial has been touched by so many people across the world offering support after Brandon’s bullying-induced suicide in 2010. These messages of hope and support kept Brandon’s family and friends going throughout the past two years.
We know how important it is to have an encouraging community in a time of need. We want to engage our community to send at least one card or letter, with an uplifting message of support, to the families, victims and residents of Newtown, CT.
It’s a small gesture that will mean so much to this community, especially during the difficult holiday season ahead.
Please support the Thunderclap effort: Click here to join – it only takes a few seconds!
FAQ from Thunderclap.IT:
What is Thunderclap?
Thunderclap is a tool that lets a message be heard by saying it together. Join a Thunderclap, and you and others will share the same message together, spreading an idea through Facebook and Twitter that cannot be ignored.
What exactly am I agreeing to when I authorize my Facebook or Twitter account?
You are allowing Thunderclap to share a message on your behalf. This is only the case when you click the “Back this Message” button AND we will only share it if the project reaches its goal. We will not post any additional messages.
Will you post to my feed or to my friends as well?
Just your feed, we won’t spam your friends. That wouldn’t be nice.
Please send #1Card4Newtown to:
P.O. Box 3700
Newtown, Connecticut 06470
Again, please also promote our Thunderclap efforts and post to all of your social networks with this link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/856-1-card-for-newtown with the hashtag #1Card4Newtown.
Thank you and happy holidays to all!
HopeMob, a crowdfunding website with absolutely no fees, has started a fundraiser for those affected by yesterday’s tragedy in Newtown, CT. The Brandon Bitner Memorial supports these efforts and encourages you to give back, if you can! Click here to donate.
Over two years ago, Brandon sent out a Facebook event invitation to his closest family and friends for a concert to be held on October 26, 2012 at Midd West High School. Many were confused by the invitation, but Brandon explained that he was planning a concert for his Senior Project. Brandon’s friend Hunter has decided to take on the concert after Brandon’s passing and the date is approaching! Tickets are now available for the event, being held on November 2, 2012 at the Midd-West High School Auditorium. See details below. All proceeds will be donated to the Brandon Bitner Memorial Scholarship at Susquehanna University.